A lot of times when I bring up meditation. I’ll get responses such as I don’t have time to meditate, I don’t know how to meditate and meditation puts me to sleep. Here are some tips for those of you are just starting out.
1. Find a time that works best for you.
2. Sit in a comfortable set of your choice but make your spin is straight.
3. Start small five minutes or less is perfectly fine, then add more time when you feel more comfortable.
4. Try some calming music, candles or incense to set the mood.
5. Perhaps you have a hard time sitting still. Thing’s such as yoga and walking can be form’s of movement meditation.
6. Know there is no wrong way to meditate. As long if you are completely present you are meditating.
Hopefully these tips will help you get started. Meditation is a wonderful way to calm the mind and reduce stress. I highly recommend you try it out.